Health & Safety Procedures
In order to protect our health and safety please be advised of the specific procedures that will be taking place at Chillout Spa when you attend your appointment. These procedures are based on the specific guidance from the Ministry of Health, MBIE, WorkSafe, the New Zealand Association of Registered Beauty Therapists and the NZ Board of Professional Skin Therapies.
Appointment cancellations if unwell
If you are feeling unwell, please cancel your appointment and we can reschedule for another suitable time. Likewise if I am unwell, I will postpone our appointment and reschedule.
Please note we are unable to accept your appointment
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has in the last 14 days.
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 and currently awaiting results.
- If have any of the following symptoms: fever, dry cough, headaches, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell.
- If you arrive showing any symptoms of illness or any positive responses to the above, we reserve the right to decline treatment and we will reschedule for a more suitable time.
- If you are over 70 years of age or if you are in the high-risk category or you have immediate contacts in your bubble – i.e. have pre-existing medical conditions/are immunocompromised then pre-screening must be completed to check the viability of our treatment/service.
Consultations & records
- If you are a new client, please note that I will continue to email out the Initial Consultation form that needs to be completed and submitted prior to your appointment.
- Records will be kept such as treatment dates, therapist’s name and the people who come in contact with that person.
- For all other clients, please inform me if there are any changes in your contact details or other data.
Client tracing requirements
- Please use your smartphone to scan the QR code available
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
“...As a precautionary measure for the initial phase of Alert Level 2, while we ensure the risk of exposure to COVID-19 continues to be very low, for people whose work cannot avoid close contact with clients (under 1 metre) for prolonged periods of time (longer than 15 minutes), with multiple clients being seen over the course of the day (eg, hairdressers and beauticians) a face mask or face shield can be worn as an additional measure to adhering with basic hygiene measures. No other PPE is required, other than items the worker may usually wear for protection from standard occupational risks. This advice is likely to change as we move through Alert Level 2.”
- Although these are not required as per the Ministry of Health guidelines above in Level 2 and in Level 1, please note if I do use PPC, I will be following the protocols of use for facemasks and disposable gloves.
- Please bring your own mask if you wish to do so.
- Please inform me in advance if you would like to use a disposable face mask.
- Please inform me in advance if you are allergic to latex (used in some disposable gloves).
Refreshments and magazines
- Drinks such as tea and water are typically part of the service at Chillout Spa. Please note now we are in Level 1, these are available.
- Magazines are typically available for viewing on site. Please be aware these will not be currently available.
- I will inform you of our combined role in preserving hygiene when visiting Chillout Spa.
- I will provide hand sanitiser at the door and instruct you to use it upon entering and leaving.
- In addition to our health and hygiene guidelines, I will be regularly disinfecting doorknobs, light switches, telephones, eftpos terminals (Paywave available) and constantly touched surfaces with disinfectants.
- I will provide contactless payment options.
- I will provide longer spaces between treatments to allow for extra cleaning on top of our normal health and hygiene guidelines.
- I will practice safe use of PPE equipment when used.
- I will ensure all bench surfaces are disinfected after use with disposable cloths and binned.
- I will regularly clean toilets.
- I will arrange chairs in waiting area to avoid client to client contact.
- I will continue to meet local council Health and Hygiene Bylaw requirements.
- I will remove all wrist and hand jewellery.
- I will cover minor cuts and abrasions on hands and arms with a waterproof dressing and disposable gloves before starting work.
Thank you so much in advance for your understanding and efforts in adhering to these health and safety procedures.
I look forward to welcoming you and helping you to chill out.