Health & Safety Procedures
In order to protect our health and safety please be advised of the specific procedures that will be taking place at Chillout Spa when you attend your appointment. These procedures are based on the specific guidance from the Ministry of Health, MBIE, WorkSafe, the New Zealand Association of Registered Beauty Therapists and the NZ Board of Professional Skin Therapies.
Covid-19 Vaccination Certificates
Please note that when Chillout Spa reopens with the new traffic light framework, that vaccination certificates will be required.
Appointment cancellations if unwell
If you are feeling unwell, please cancel your appointment and we can reschedule for another suitable time. Likewise if I am unwell, I will postpone our appointment and reschedule.
Please note we are unable to accept your appointment:-
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has in the last 14 days.
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 and currently awaiting results.
- If have any of the following symptoms: fever, dry cough, new or worsening cough, sneezing or running nose, headaches, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell or altered sense of taste.
If you arrive showing any symptoms of illness or any positive responses to the above, we reserve the right to decline treatment and we will reschedule for a more suitable time.
Consultations & records
- If you are a new client, please note that I will continue to email out the Initial Consultation form that needs to be completed and submitted prior to your appointment.
- If you are a current returning client, please note I will send out a brief health declaration form to complete.
- Records will be kept such as treatment dates, therapist’s name and the people who come in contact with that person.
- For all other clients, please inform me if there are any changes in your contact details or other data.
- As part of the consultation process I will be asking if you are vaccinated and the dates of vaccinations, for the reasons stated below.
Client tracing requirements
- Please use your smartphone to scan the QR code available
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Alert Level 2, 3 and 4
"You must wear a face covering if you are an employee involving customer contact at most businesses or services.
You must wear a face covering if you work:
for a close contact service — for example, barbers, hairdressers or beauty therapists..."
"...In general, face coverings should be worn whenever you can. If you are around people you do not know, it is a good idea to wear a mask.
Going to barbers, beauty therapists and hairdressers or accessing other close contact businesses, a face covering can become impractical in these situations. You are encouraged to wear one if possible. Employees must wear a face covering..."
- Please note when I use PPC, I will be following the protocols of use for facemasks and disposable gloves.
- Please bring your own mask when attending treatments. Please note, you must enter the room with the face covering. If your treatment is a facial please remove your face covering just before the treatment, store appropriately and then place on again before exiting the room.
- Please inform me in advance if you are allergic to latex (used in some disposable gloves).
- I will inform you of our combined role in preserving hygiene when visiting Chillout Spa.
- I will provide hand sanitiser at the door and instruct you to use it upon entering and leaving.
- Please also use use your smartphone to scan the QR code available.
- Please be ready to show me your vaccination certificate so I can scan this before entering.
- In addition to our health and hygiene guidelines, I will be regularly disinfecting doorknobs, light switches, telephones, eftpos terminals and constantly touched surfaces with disinfectants.
- I will provide longer spaces between treatments to allow for extra cleaning on top of our normal health and hygiene guidelines.
- I will practice safe use of PPE equipment.
- I will ensure all bench surfaces are disinfected after use with disposable cloths and binned.
- I will regularly clean toilets.
- I will arrange chairs in waiting area to avoid client to client contact.
- I will continue to meet local council Health and Hygiene Bylaw requirements.
- I will remove all wrist and hand jewellery.
- I will cover minor cuts and abrasions on hands and arms with a waterproof dressing and disposable gloves before starting work.
Have you recently had your COVID-19 vaccination? If so, in the past two weeks?
Depending on the nature of your treatment we would like to reschedule your appointment to ensure that we have a two week period between your treatment and your vaccination.
The reason for the two week time frame is to wait for any potential symptoms from the vaccine to subside; not everyone experiences noticeable symptoms after vaccination, but your body will typically have some type of inflammatory response to this and this could be a direct contraindication to performing and obtaining the best result for you.
As part of our consultation process I will be asking if you are vaccinated and trust you will be comfortable with this.
Chillout Spa is all about relaxing and receiving spa, skin correction and beauty treatments within a private, professional and safe environment. With the advent of Covid-19 in 2020, I implemented a number of procedures as mentioned above to ensure safety to the clients I am seeing as well as myself and family. These served us well in the time prior to Delta, however with community transmission, it is time to increase safety measures particularly due to the nature of Delta and the close proximity we find ourselves in.
As we operate in a close contact environment, and in order to open under the government's new traffic light framework, I will be opening utilising vaccination certificates. This requires me as well as clients to have a vaccination certificate. In order to accept future clients for treatments, I will need evidence of that client's vaccination certificate. Other protocols and procedures will be in place to reduce transmission of Covid-19, as mentioned above.
I'd now like to invite you to assist with these safety measures and would ask all who visit Chillout Spa to be ready to provide their vaccination certificate as required under the traffic light framework.
We understand it is a personal decision to have a vaccination, and also understand that there are some people who are unable to be vaccinated - such as people with health conditions that make vaccination unwise. If that is your case, please indicate this and we can discuss alternative options for you.
Thank you so much in advance for your understanding and efforts in adhering to these health and safety procedures.
I look forward to welcoming you and helping you to chill out.